1.1.16

5 Habits Every Writer Should Have



HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

One of the many problems I face is having this great idea for a novel and I start writing on a regular basis, but the excitement starts to slowly where off and I end up just chunking that whole novel idea halfway through. Not good. One of the things on my 2016 bucket list is to start making writing habits so that I can start writing on a regular basis. I did some research and here are 5 habits every writer should have.



1: Visualize How Fun It Will Be!
Before you start writing think about how fun it will be! Think about you typing/scribbling away with a cup of coffee (or hot tea if you're like me;)) listening to your favorite song on a rainy afternoon. Doesn't that sound so nice? 

2: Make A Plan. 
Make a plan on how much, how long, and when to write. Using a calendar is a great way to organize all these things. I will tell you procrastinating is one of the hardest things for me to over come. If I have a plan then it's a lot easier for me to get things done. 

3: Make Time To Write.
This sort of goes along with #2, but I thought I'd mention it anyways. If you're like my family every season is a new routine and we have to readjust everything to go along with the schedule and if that's like this for you don't be afraid to change your plan a little bit to fit in writing. ;) 

4: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, (did I say that enough?) CARRY A NOTE BOOK! 
Ideas don't come when you are trying. What I mean by that is when you sit down in front of your computer ideas won't just come popping up out of no where. You have to research. Go places and read things. This is how we gain ideas. Now having a notebook on hand all the time helps with this. For instance let's just say I was writing about a girl that lived at the beach and let's just say I'm going to the beach for vacation and I see this really cool place that inspires me for the concert my character was going to put together. This is where I can quickly pull out my note book and scratch it down. I understand not all of us like to carry a notebook, so you could always do it with the notes on your mobil devise. Though the problem with this is it can get unorganized and it would be hard to go and look back one what you typed. Just my thoughts. 

5: Write Recklessly And Rewrite Ruthlessly.
Whenever you write don't think just write. Don't think about how that character should have said something different, or how that description should have been a bit different, or how that paragraph should be taken out, no, that's for when you are done drafting. Next step is rewriting or editing. That's when you take out or add anything just do it without mercy. 

Maybe I can apply all these habits into my daily routine. ;) That would be amazing! Well goodnight and have a happy new year!

Hope y'all enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Great post! :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I'll definitely refer back to these in the future!

    -Jollygirl @ http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post dearest <3 And I love your new blog name and design! <3

    ReplyDelete