5.5.16

Book Review: Boston Jane An Adventure



Hello fellow bloggers, I am so sorry that I haven't been very active. I really needed a break from blogging, but I am happy to say that I am back!
Down here in North Carolina it's a pretty dreary day. Thunder booming, rain poring, sounds like a perfect kind of day to read a book, watch a movie, and do some blogging. I just finished reading Boston Jane An Adventure by Jennifer L. Holm.


Now I usually only write reviews for books that I go crazy over, but I decided to change it up a bit. Boston Jane An Adventure wasn't really the best book. I would give it about 3 out of 5 stars. There wasn't really a plot which was kind of disappointing. The protagonist started out like a sweet little girl and turned into a shallow young lady. Jane, the protagonist, wants to fit into Philadelphia's society and become a proper young lady. When William Baldt, the handsome young apprentice, proposes she accepts and prepares to join him wilds of the Pacific Northwest. Of course this is no place for a lady. After months at sea it takes to get there she realizes that this rough life has a few shocking surprises in store. This would be a great book for the ages 10+, but I don't think older teens would enjoy this book as much. But of course I'm going to finish the trilogy because I have to find out what happens at the end. 
On a different note is anyone from the PJO fandom excited about THE TRIALS OF APOLLO!?!? Has anyone read it yet? I haven't. I can't decide if I want to wait for the library to have it or buy it. I'm not the book buying type I usually just request them from the library, but this might have to be an exception.

1 comment:

  1. I NEED THE TRAILS OF APOLLO RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!! Rick Riordan is just insanly amazing.
    I read the Boston Jane series a while ago and thought that though they were not at all GREAT, they were a sweet one time read.
    Love your book reviews, keep em coming :)

    xoxo
    Leah

    ReplyDelete