16.7.16

Summer Reads



If you haven't been following my blog's Instagram account (@simple_sentiments) you haven't seen what all I have been reading/rereading this summer! Sadly, it's not as many books as I would have liked. It's been so busy that it has been hard to find time to read. *sigh* The crazy part of summer for me has always been June, so now that it's over I'm hoping to get more reading done. ;) Here are the books that I have read this summer!

The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan.
My high expectation for this book were met! Haha! My favorite character in this book had to be Apollo. Uncle Rick did a fabulous job creating him! (I won't give anything away). 


The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson
I was so glad I reread this book. Anytime I reread a book it's like looking through a photo album. You're looking back on such good memories or bad ones..... I guess it depends on the book! Haha! 

The Healers Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson 
It was so much fun taking this picture! Rose and Lord Hamlin loved music and whenever the got together he was usually playing his lute for her because she didn't get to listen to music very often. So sweet! <3 

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
I absolutely love the cover of this book! Many of the famous quotes are engraved on the front which I think is so cool! 

The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson.
Don't you just love my little Katniss Funko Pop??? I thought it was perfect for this Robin Hood retelling!

The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson 
This is one of my favorite covers! The colors are so vibrant and it fits the book perfectly! 

Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen 
Click here to check out my book review! 

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
So, it may surprise many of you, but I had never read this classic until a week ago. When I first started reading it I thought it was the cutest little story, but the farther I got into I started hating it. It was just so random! I might have enjoyed this if I was younger because it was so silly.

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 
Ah, the book that started all of my madness! Haha! xD 

The Beautiful Pretender by Melanie Dickerson 
This was Dickerson's newest book and I just finished it yesterday. Thoughts on it? IT WAS AMAZING!!!! I loved it!!! It was just a bit slow in the beginning, but it kept my on the edge of my seat! SO GOOD!!!! 

Now that I'm done with this post I think I shall go read. Ta-ta! 


No comments:

Post a Comment